Greetings from Indiana Wesleyan University. The end of the 2017 summer is quickly approaching, which means it won’t be long before a new class of students will be trekking their way to IWU for New Student Orientation. NSO Week is an exciting and beneficial time, not only for our freshmen but also for the surrounding Marion and Grant County community. On September 1, 2017, we will be sending out 97 groups of students and staff to compete service projects. As our school celebrates its 97th year of Christ-centered learning and living, we plan to start out the year in ministry, but we need your help!
Finding a place for 97 different groups to serve is a daunting project. We are asking you to help us in identifying the needs of our community and/or within your organization, so together we might make our little corner of the world as joy-filled as possible. Here are some bullet points to keep in mind while thinking on the service projects you may be able to supply us with:
- Each team will consist of 4 – 8 students along with at least one IWU staff leader.
- Projects will make a difference in a neighborhood, for a church, a not-for-profit, or an organization or individual that needs encouragement.
- The project(s) needs to be completed in a maximum of 4 hours the afternoon hours of September 1, 2017. Teams will arrive at approximately 12 Noon.
- The project organization/entity will need to supply all tools, supplies and equipment necessary to complete the project.
If you have a project and are willing to help us embark upon year four of our Intentional Acts of Kindness Day, please complete the three forms below by August 4th.
- NSO 97 Acts of Intentional Kindness Project Leader Application: It is only necessary for you to fill out the 2nd set of boxes labeled “Project Information.” We will recruit a project leader and students who will complete the remainder of the application and connect you with them to discuss details as the time gets closer.
- 97 Acts of Intentional Kindness Project Release of Liability and Authorization: Please complete each line and sign and date at the bottom.
- Certificate of Liability Insurance: This is for the project organization/entity/individual and insures evidence of our coverage for IWU service projects being held on Friday, September 1, 2017.
Please return the NSO 97 Acts of Intentional Kindness Project Leader Application and 97 Acts of Intentional Kindness Project Release of Liability and Authorization forms to me via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (765-677-4900) or USPS (Attn: Lisa Poole at the address at the bottom of this email). For questions, call 765-677-5720 or email me at email@example.com.