Here at the Community Foundation, we’re passionate about education. That’s why we offer over 130 scholarship opportunities to Grant County students. Thanks to generous donors, we have scholarships available to students of every age, income level, academic ability, and athletic aim. All U.S. citizens pursuing higher education at an accredited university, college, or trade school, part-time or full-time, are eligible to apply for scholarships. Check out our scholarship infographic to see how a scholarship becomes a reality by clicking here.
The 2016-17 Scholarship Season Timeline:
- November 1st to January 31st – application is open
- February-March – review process
- First week of April – offers made
- First week of May – students must accept offers
- First week of July – award announcements mailed
- August 1st – checks mailed to awarded students Bursar’s Office
When applying for Community Foundation Scholarships, it is helpful to have the following information on hand: Class Rank and Class Size (if you are a current high school senior), GPA, and Diploma Type. Also, to complete the Indiana College Cost Estimator (a requirement when applying for Community Foundation scholarships), students will need:
- Parent and student tax forms (1040EZ, 1040A or 1040) and/or W-2s
- Parent and student untaxed income information
- Parent and student asset information
- Parent business and/or farm records, if applicable
Remember, funding is limited so Community Foundation scholarships are highly competitive. Awards are subject to IRS regulations, Community Foundation policy, and criteria established by donors. Community Foundation scholarships are to be used only for qualified education expenses as defined by the IRS- meaning tuition, fees, and book costs only. Funds cannot be applied toward any other expenses (including room and board) that students may incur during their college career.
Applicants with questions about Community Foundation scholarships? Contact Cassie Fleming by clicking here.
Looking for more scholarship opportunities? Visit Cappex.com