This fund was created by John Selby and the Museum Board of Directors to better provide support to the Fairmount Historical Museum.
“In 1923, a Quaker educational organization called the Fairmount Academy closed its doors. In 1969, Fairmount High School did likewise. The students who attended these institutions of learning have contributed and are still making their impact felt in all phases of American life. Included have been college presidents, writers, lawyers, scientists, doctors, actors, farmers, artists, and teachers of national and international fame. As these students returned to Fairmount, they invariably asked to visit their old schools. As they walked the halls of their old schools once again, a recurring theme appeared “where were the old class pictures, the trophies, the awards?” Luckily the school administrators had the foresight to store all of these artifacts. Everyone agreed that a central location be founded; a place of permanency to preserve these artifacts.” Read more here.
Fairmount Historical Museum