01 Aug 2018 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program
The Lilly Application is now OPEN.
The Lilly Application will be open August 1, 2018 and will close September 30, 2018.
Lilly criteria required for students to apply:
• Attend an accredited Grant County High School.
• On course to graduate by June 30, 2019 with a diploma from an accredited Grant County high school and plan to pursue a full-time baccalaureate course of study at an accredited public or private college or university in Indiana.
• Have a minimum 3.5 grade point average (unweighted).
• Have a minimum SAT of 1280 (Combined Reading and Math) OR ACT of 27.
Lilly Endowment Inc. denotes a big change in the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Program (LECSP) beginning in the 2016-17 school year. Lilly has opted to significantly advance the timeline for this scholarship to the Fall Semester. They have cited the following reasons for making this substantial calendar change:
(1) Selecting the Lilly Scholar earlier in the school year would give more time for the scholars to decide which college or university to attend and for the colleges and universities to be more engaged in recruiting them.
(2) The U.S. Department of Education modified some requirements for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and will be making it available online earlier than in previous years.
Note: This does not impact any of the other Community Foundation scholarships…this timeline is for LECSP only.
Click HERE to email Meagan McCracken, Grants Manager, with any questions.